Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Validation letter sample to send to credit card collection agencies

 If you receive a demand letter from a collection agency, your only weapon is a VALIDATION REQUEST:

Make sure your lawyer make and sign the VALIDATION REQUEST letter.

*************************************************



Lawyers address:
Address of collection agency:
Date:
Re: Acct. no.: 123456789


To Whom It May Concern:


This letter is being sent to you in response to a demand letter sent to me on mm/dd/year that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.


This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION.


I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that
* (your name) have any legal obligation to pay you.


Please provide me with the following:
• What the money you say (your name) owe is for;
• Explain and show me how you calculated what you say (your name) owe;
• Provide me with copies of any papers that show (your name) agreed to pay what you say I owe;
• Provide a verification or copy of any judgment on (your name)
• Proof that you are authorized to collect by your __________________.
* Proof that your client referred my account to you for collection.
• Proof of billings submitted to you by _______.
• Show me that you are licensed to collect.
• Provide me with your SEC license numbers and Registered Agent.


If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 45 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.


If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 7 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and collection notices completely stop.


I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my client's home or to his/her place of employment.


If your offices attempt telephone communication with (your name), including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit and report such harassment to the National Bureau of Investigation or other Law Enforcement Body.


All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to me (name of lawyer)
It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action.


Respectfully,


Signature
Name of Lawyer


Did you like “Collection Agencies visiting your home giving demand letters” . We would greatly appreciate if you would share this on Facebook and Re tweet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site